Zilla Praja Parishad
ZILLA PRAJA PARISHAD, Nizamabad is a autonomous body having perpetual succession.It shall have powers to acquire, hold or dispose off property and enter into contracts and may by its corporate name, sue and be sued.The ZILLA PRAJA PARISHAD, Nizamabad is the Apex body of Panchayat Raj institutions at the district level and has coordinating functions with the other two tiers of Panchayat Raj wise,(1) Gram Panchayat and (2) MANDAL PRAJA PARISHADs.
Zilla Praja Parishad, Nizamabad has the following categories of members.
- ZPTC members elected by adult franchise from a ZILLA PRAJA PARISHAD Territorial Constituency carved out in such a manner that each MANDAL PRAJA PARISHAD is declared as a constituency and returns candidate.
- Two persons belonging to minorities to be Co-Opted by ZPTCs in the manner prescribed (1) Muslims (2) Christians (3) Sikhs (4) Buddhists (5) Jains and (6) Parsis (Zoroastrians).
- The local MLAs are members of ZILLA PRAJA PARISHAD such MLAs shall be entitled to speak in a Standing Committee but shall not be entitled to vote in such meetings unless they are members of such Standing Committees.
- The Local MPs are members of ZILLA PRAJA PARISHAD such MPs will have right to speak and take part in the proceedings with the voting rights but shall not be entitled to vote in the Standing Committee Meetings unless the MPs are members of such Standing Committee.
- The member of Rajya Sabha who is a registered Voter in the district. In addition to the above members the following persons shall be permanent invitees to the meetings of the ZILLA PRAJA PARISHAD but shall not be entitled to vide.
- District Collector.
- Chairman, Dist. Marketing Society.
- Chairman, Zilla Grandhalaya Samstha.
- Chairman, Dist. Co-Operative Central Bank.
- All MANDAL PRAJA PARISHAD Presidents in the District.
Note:The District Collector, shall also be eligible to participate in the proceedings of the Standing Committees without voting rights.
The Zilla Praja Parishad have to constitute the following standing committees with the subject assigned.
FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES:
Besides the role of review, monitoring of plan, and nonplan schemes specified under schedule I of the Act, the ZILLA PRAJA PARISHAD will also exercise the following functions.
- Examine and approve the budgets of MANDAL PRAJA PARISHADs within district.
- Distribute the funds allotted to the District by the Central or State Government among the MANDAL PRAJA PARISHADs and Mandals within districts for which MANDAL PRAJA PARISHADs are not constituted.
- Coordinate and consolidate the plans prepared in respect of the Mandals within the district and prepare plans in respect of the entire district.
- Secure the execution of the plans, projects, schemes or other works either solely relating to the individual Mandals or common to two or more Mandals in the district.
- Supervise generally the activities of the MANDAL PRAJA PARISHAD s in the district.
- Exercise and perform such of the powers and functions in relating to any development programme as the Government may by notification confer on or entrust to it.
- Advise Government on all Matters relating the developmental activities and maintenance of services in the district, whether undertaken by local authorities or Government.
- Advise the Government on allocation of work among Gram Panchayats and MANDAL PRAJA PARISHADs and coordination of work between the said bodies and among the various Gram Panchayats themselves.
- Advise the Government on meetings concerning the implementation of any statutory or executive order specially referred to by the Government to the ZILLA PRAJA PARISHADs.
- Collect such date as it deems necessary.
- Publish statistics or other information relating to the activities of the local authorities.
- Require any local authority to furnish information regarding its activities.
- Accept trusts relating exclusively to the furtherance of any purpose for which its funds may be applied.
- Establish, maintain or expand secondary, vocational and industrial schools.
- Borrow money for carrying out the purposes of this Act, with the previous approval of the Government and subjects to such terms and conditions as may be prescribed.
- The ZILLA PRAJA PARISHAD may, with the approval of the Government, levy contributions from the funds of the MANDAL PRAJA PARISHADs in the District.
- The resolutions of the Standing Committees have to brought before the general body which is empowered either to approve, modify, alter or rescind such resolutions.
- The ZILLA PRAJA PARISHAD may make Byelaws under the powers vested under sub-section (2) of sec.259 read with sections 266 & 270 after obtaining approval of the Government.
The Central Govt has sanctioned the amount to the state under the 15th Finance grant. As per the direction of the central govt., the state Govt of Telangana has released the funds to the ZPPs & MPPs as Tide grant and Untied grant under 15th finance funds vide GO.NO.37 PR&RD (GP) Dt:-28-10-2020 to take up the works in rural areas.
As per the Guidelines, the Tide grant has to be utilized for Drinking water facilities and sanitation works in rural areas and under the Untied grant for providing Science labs in Schools and additional classrooms to the Schools.
The Govt. has sanctioned 4.00 cr. to ZPP, Nizamabad during in the financial year of 2020-21and (104) works have been sanctioned and incurred expenditure for 55.00 lakhs for (25) works.
The state Govt. vide GO. NO 446, PR&RD, Dept Dt. 29-10-1998 have issued guide lines for utilization of funds released to Zpps as General fund,
35% for maintenance office
9% for Drinking water
15% for SC EF
6% for ST EF
15% for W&EW
Out of the available funds, Rs:-70.00 lakhs have been sanctioned for taking up the (65) Works in rural areas and incurred expenditure for Rs:-13.00 Lakhs for (20) Works. All Works executed by the PR engineering wing.
|S.No||Name of the officer||Designation||Mobile No||Email ID|
|1||Sri. D. RAJU||Chairman||9849900109|
|2||Sri. I. GOVIND||CEOfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|2||M.Surendar||Dy.Chief Executive Officer (FAC)||9989050833|
|S.No||Name of the Mandal||Name of the MPDO||Mobile No||Land Line Number||EGS Mobile No|
|3||BHEEMGAL||B.Lingam, Supdt. (FAC)||9989050831||08463-238424||7095510953|
|5||KAMMARPALLY||M. Gangadhar, Supdt (FAC)||9989050835||08463-272322||7095510965|
|6||MORTHAD||PV Srinivas (FAC) (EO(PR&RD) Sirikonda)||9440007244||08463-288558||7095510971|
|12||NAVIPET||Syed Sajid Ali||9989050839||08462-276237||7095510974|
|13||NIZAMABAD||J. Sanjeev Kumar||9989050836||08462-220544||7095510976|
|17||RENJAL||K. Gopala Krishna, Supdt (FAC)||9989050850||08467-276853||7095510978|