ACTIVITIES OF GROUND WATER DEPARTMENT AT DISTRICT LEVEL:
• Monitoring of groundwater levels to study the fluctuation in groundwater regime time to time and suggesting remedial measures to buildup the groundwater levels and also for soil moisture.
• Estimation of groundwater resource at village level bi-annually with available data from concern Departments.
• Conducting groundwater investigations scientifically to pinpoint the favorable locations for groundwater exploration for the benefit of farmer community.
• Identifying favorable location for construction of rainwater harvesting structure like Check dams, Percolation tanks, Sub Surface Dykes etc.
• Drilling of exploratory-cum production bore wells in Scheduled caste and Scheduled tribes lands to create irrigation potential under Special Component Sub Plan Programme and Tribal Sub Plan programme.
• Environmental clearances (a)Industries (Groundwater) (b) Impact of Sand mining on groundwater regime.
|Official Contact Number