INTRODUCTION OF SPORTS WING::
- The increased competition at the international level has brought into sharp focus on talent identification and development.
- Sports performances have reached such high levels that only persons who have talent stand a chance of winning a medal in international competitions.
- The ensure better chances of success the inherited talent has to be developed further through systematic training spread over a number of years.
- The vision of the Government is to use sports as a means for social reconstruction.
- The best period of development of talent is childhood, as a result, systematic sports training in all sports must begin in childhood in order to fully exploit the growth and development period of reating a sound base for achieving high performances in a sport later period of life.
- The Government of Telangana has resolved that sports are an essential element in shaping human personality in maintaining a sound body and sound mind, in facilitating social interaction in fostering peace and brotherhood and nation-building.
Sports Infrastructure :
Development of Sports infrastructure
|Name of the Work
|Administrative Sanction in Lakhs.
|Mini Stadium at Bodhan
|Improvements & Modernization of Stadium
|Mini Stadium, Narayanpet Village, Jakranpalli (M)
|Construction of Compound wall, Drainage and leveling of play ground at Rajaram Stadium, Nagaram
|Improvement & Modernization of Mini Stadium at Vailpoor, Balkonda
|Mini stadium at Kammarpally
Conduct of Sports Competitions / Selections as per the instructions of Head of the Department. Conduct of Youth activities and Important Days as per the instructions of the Head of the Department.
Important Contacts of the Department:
|E- Mail ID
|Dist. Youth & Sports Officer (FAC)